Code of Ethics
Code of Ethics & Performance Guidelines
This Code of Ethics and Performance Guidelines (“Code”) for members of the Home Builders & Remodelers Association
of Maine (“HBRAME”) has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest levels of service and conduct in the
building industry among its members. Adherence to this Code is required of Association members to assure public
confidence in the integrity and services of HBRAME and its members. Enforcement of this Code is initiated by the filing
of a written complaint to the HBRAME Board of Directors who will review the complaint in accordance with the
Each member shall use best efforts in the conduct of its business activities to:
1. Abide by the bylaws, rules and procedures of the HBRAME.
2. Comply with all applicable warranty laws and building codes.
3. Conduct all transactions, agreements and dealings with customers, employees, subcontractors, suppliers and
regulatory officials [in a manner that is] free from fraud or deception, and comply with the requirements of the Maine Home Construction Contracts Act.
4. Comply with all other applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations.
5. Maintain insurance as may be required by law, including but not limited to general liability and workers
compensation insurance, at a level that is adequate and customary for the business in which the member is
6. Where applicable, meet or exceed the latest edition of the Residential Construction Performance Guidelines for
professional builders and remodelers published by the National Association of Home Builders, as may from time
to time be supplemented by HBRAME.
7. Agree that this Code applies to all corporations, partnerships, and other business entities in which the member
or a principle of the member has a majority interest.
[All members] have read and understand all of the requirements of this Code and agree to abide by it to maintain [their] membership in good standing in this association.